AGREEMENTS ATTORNEY IN WEST LOS ANGELES, CA
Young couples typically spend the weeks before their wedding planning the ceremony, the reception, and the honeymoon. They also spend many hours envisioning the happy future they will share with their spouse. We also believe it is a good time to have open communications about finances and to lay out financial expectations for the marriage. At Paul Moore Law, we can help with planning for the unexpected by ensuring that your assets are protected. While prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are not for everyone, they can help clarify intentions and provide important protections under California community property laws.
If you don’t know much about prenuptial or postnuptial agreements, don’t worry. You can call on Paul Moore Law to walk you through the process. Mr. Moore has helped West Los Angeles, CA couples draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for more than 35 years, so he can assist you as well.
Learn More About Your Agreement Options
A prenuptial agreement and postnuptial agreement serve a similar purpose. However, you draft a prenuptial agreement before your wedding, and you draft a postnuptial option after your wedding. Both documents accomplish the following:
- Outline all the property and financial assets each spouse brought to the marriage.
- Stipulate who gets which financial assets in the event of a separation.
- Clarify whether or not a spouse can use a partner’s financial assets during the marriage.
- Protect spouses from each other’s debts.
- Explain if one spouse will receive alimony and child support during a divorce.
- Allow property from one spouse to pass to children or dependents from a prior marriage.
- Outline child custody in some cases.
If you want to plan for any of the points in the above list, contact Paul Moore Law in West Los Angeles, CA to draft an agreement.
Schedule a Consultation
Let an expert help you with your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement. Call our West Los Angeles, CA office at (310) 553-1111 or stop by in person to schedule your first consultation.
Also Serving Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Culver City, Malibu, and the Surrounding Cities